What ya need:
- 4 1/2 tablespoons butter at room temperature
- 1/2 tablespoon bacon drippings (left in the fridge to become solid)
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cups self rising flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Itty bitty pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of crushed crispy bacon (1/2 for cupcake mix 1/2 for topping)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- sea salt (for toppings)
How you make em':
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fry 6 strips of bacon to crispy, let dry, and crush up enough to have 1/2 cup. Save the left over grease from the pan and store in the fridge until it's solid.
- With a mixer, mix the room temperature and butter together until it's light and creamy.
- Add brown sugar and maple syrup and mix.
- Then add the egg
- (In a separate bowl) sift flour, salt, baking soda, and backing powder together.
- Next alternate adding and mixing in the flour mixture then milk to bacon/butter mixture, ending with the flour. Mix until combined.
- Stop mixing then, with a spoon, stir crushed bacon into the bowl.
- Scoop into cupcake pan and cool 18-22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. (Rotate pan after 10 minutes)
While cupcakes are baking start the icing.
- At high speed mix butter and maple syrup
- Once combined add in sugar a little bit at a time
- Once cupcakes cool, spread or pipe icing onto the cake
- Top with crushed bacon and sea salt.
- Present and enjoy!
I hope you like these as much as I do. It's a nice sweet and salty desert that will be a hit with all your friends and family! ^-^